Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Shop Your Closet


Our first Shop Your Closet challenge was to wear pink and red together. Some of you said that you owned one color and not the other, so hopefully you could add a colored accessory or at least were able to find a little bit of new inspiration!

I wore this skirt from JC Penny's that I have had for about 6 years but haven't worn in a long time. I am pretty sure it has never been on the blog. It may have been cheating to pick something that already had red and pink on it, but I really needed to mix it back into my wardrobe and find a new way to wear it.


I have only worn this skirt with a white top so it was quite a jump to do the red blouse. I think it matches nicely without being too obvious. With all the crazy colors I kept the accessories neutral in the belt and shoe. I wore my basic silver jewelry that I always wear and skipped a necklace.

How did I do?

How did you do? Was it easy or hard? Is this a color combo that you already wore a lot? Would you wear it again? If you didn't participate do you think you might try this color combo now? Comment below! Link up below! I will get a thumbnail linky soon if I get participants.

(I made the button smaller so it doesn't take over your whole blog- I would love if you would add it to your blog or post, but I won't force you.)

blog 50 dpi


NEXT CHALLENGE: Wear something you have never (or rarely) worn. I am guessing we all have that something in our closet that we have never worn or have only worn once then shoved it to the back of the closet. It's time to break that item out (pants, shirt, belt, jacket, shoes, etc.) and put it to good use.

Since everyone's item is going to be different I can't really provide inspirational links for this one (which almost changed my mind about this challenge). You can Google or search Pinterest for similar pieces to what you will be wearing. I will also link you to some of the fashion blogs I read that I haven't mentioned before for further inspiration:

Sunday Crossbow
La Vie Petite
I would also link you to
An Unpretentious Teacher but I cannot get her blog to come up right now. You should Google the name though.

You can also check out my Style Inspiration pin board too.

Good luck!






 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger