Menu Home About Tutorials Style Shop Buttons

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vintage Travel Garland


I made this garland to decorate a going away party I had for my bro and sis-in-law that moved to the Washington DC area. I cut out the airplanes and the globes from black cardstock on my mom's Silhouette machine. I found the vintage travel posters online. The items are all just taped to the twine.


All of my travel posters are for DC because that's what my theme was. You could use any area, or a variety of locations to make the garland more reusable. Click here for a website I found that has free posters.


For the party I hung up maps in the room of the world and the DC area. I also put a globe on the table. I didn't know if this was cute or not, but husband told me it was okay. Then I got made fun of by the party guests so I guess "not" was the answer.

Oh well, the garland is super cute and I really love how it turned out. I love vintage travel posters. I thought about hanging it in the retro room, but it's too long to hang there so I will be using it in my classroom next school year.

P.S. Thanks for the help, Mom!
 

©2011 All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by Website Design Credit

Powered by Blogger